Monday, February 23, 2009

Evolve or Die.


Evolve or Die. Ah yes, this quote-which of course I can take no credit for-touches many aspects of life and none more than my blog. After a year of working as a freelance grant writer and non-profit consultant during one of the worst years of economic turmoil the United States has ever encountered, I learned a few things. For instance, finding a forgotten, crumpled up $1 bill in an old jean's pocket can really put a smile on a girl's face. I digress. As a result, my work took many twists and turns and ups and downs too. I learned once and for all that many working together is the key to lasting success. Lao Tzu knew this a long time ago, "Succeeding is the coming together of all that is beautiful. Furtherance is the agreement of all that is just." He must be astounded that something so full of common sense is still so often overlooked.

Fortunately, the opportunities for partnership and collaboration through social networking are more abundant than ever increasing a collective strength and optimism. So part of my evolution is making technology more useful to my clients. I will continue to provide grant writing and all the other non-profit assistance services as before but with an additional focus on connecting and marketing their organizations through means such as blogs, websites, twitter, and other social networking sites. My blog will still provide non-profit information but also emphasize making connections and establishing collaborations. I believe the coming together of individuals and organizations all over the world to address a common cause can be quite effective-and beautiful.

No comments: